- This event has passed.
With a Taste of France (Troupová & Hrochová & Dušek)
Sunday 26 / 6 / 2022 at 19:30
France and its culture have influenced many artists, writers and composers. In this concert, we will present six works for which their authors found inspiration in French literature – Renaissance, contemporary or even cookery. For this concert, a new work has also been commissioned from the young Czech composer Pavel Duda on a text by the composer Eric Satie, which will be given its world premiere. A piece by the Romanian living composer Adrian Pop will be performed in the Czech premiere.
These impressive, French-esque and witty songs will be performed by leading Czech singers Irena Troupová and Jana Hrochová, for whom songwriting is their heart’s business. Jan Dušek will play the piano parts.
- Bohuslav Martinů: Tři písně na Appollinaira
- Viktor Ullmann: Sonnets de Louise Labé
- Leonard Bernstein: La bonne cuisine
- Hanuš Bartoň: 5 písní na Suzanne Renaud
- Adrian Pop: Sept fragments de Tristan Tzara (Czech premiere)
- Pavel Duda: Commissioned piece (premiere)
- Irena Troupová – soprano
- Jana Hrochová – mezzosoprano
- Jan Dušek – piano
The pieces will be performed in Czech or in French and accompanied by Czech subtitles.
The Concert Season 2022 is held under the auspices of the Minister of Culture Mgr. Martin Baxa and council member of the capital city of Prague MgA. Hana Třeštíková.